To start using Malwarebytes on your Windows computer, download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows. Instructions are provided below to guide you through the installation process.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Locate the setup file that was downloaded, mb3-setup-consumer x.x.x.xxxx.exe. x.x.x.xxxx represents the version number. In most cases, downloaded files are saved to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the setup file.
- When User Account Control appears, click Yes. User Account Control requires permission to install Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the setup language, then click OK. The setup language may default to the language set on your computer.
- To install Malwarebytes for Windows and agree to the End User License Agreement, click Agree and Install. To choose a different install location, click Advanced Options.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation is complete, click Finish to exit Setup.
When the installation is complete, Malwarebytes for Windows opens automatically and the recommended settings are enabled by default. If you have purchased a Premium license, refer to the article about activating Malwarebytes for Windows Premium.